What is the RI Resource Hub?
The RI Resource Hub is a comprehensive online directory of education and career resources for Rhode Islanders. In order to promote the resource directory to those who need it most, the RI Resource Hub has created two online tools that can easily embed into a Partner’s website. Whether you are looking for jobs, classes, training programs, or career development, the RI Resource Hub and its online tools can help you find it.
Why is it important?
The RI Resource Hub expands the reach of the workforce, higher education, and adult education systems in Rhode Island because it:
- Addresses the needs of all adults in Rhode Island
- Gives state agencies and other service providers a platform to promote their services to the adults who need them
- Anticipates and aligns with new Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Resource database is created through APIs or through engaging subject matter experts (SMEs) across the state
- Provides agencies and partners with open access to the Resource database through JSON APIs.
What kinds of resources are in it?
The RI Resource Hub enables Rhode Island adults to access both place-based and online resources such as:
- WayToGoRI from RIOPC
- AskRI from OLIS
- EmployRI from DLT
- NetworkRI One-Stops
- Job Training classes from DHS
- Adult Education classes from RIDE
- Digital Literacy Training from BBR
- and carefully curated web resources such as Khan Academy, USALearns, CollegeNavigator, etc.
Who’s behind it?
The RI Resource Hub was developed by a broad cross-agency team led by the Rhode Island Adult Education Professional Development Center (RIAEPDC) and including the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE); Governor’s Workforce Board (GWB); Rhode Island Family Literacy Initiative at the Libraries (RIFLI); Broadband Rhode Island (BBRI); Department of Labor and Training (DLT); Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS); the RI Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner (RIOPC); Adult Education Program at CCRI; and United Way RI (UWRI).