The RI Resource Hub coordinates state efforts, reduces rework and duplication, and better serves Rhode Islanders. It was developed by a broad cross-agency team, including Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE); Rhode Island Family Literacy Initiative at the Libraries (RIFLI); Broadband Rhode Island (BBRI); Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority (RIHEAA); Department of Labor and Training (DLT); Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS); Governor’s Workforce Board (GWB); the RI Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner (RIOPC); and United Way RI (UWRI).
The RI Resource Hub expands the reach of the workforce, higher education, and adult education systems in Rhode Island because it:
- Addresses needs of all adults in Rhode Island
- Is easy to use and navigate
- Embeds in any website and supports account integration
- Gives state agencies and other service providers a platform to promote their services to the adults who need them
- Supports customization of goals and placement questions
- Anticipates and aligns with new Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Resource database is created through APIs or through engaging subject matter experts (SMEs) across the state with Curator and Contributor roles
- Provides agencies and partners with open access to Resource Database through JSON APIs.
The RI Resource Hub enables Rhode Island adults to access both place-based and online resources such as:
- WayToGoRI from RIHEAA
- AskRI from OLIS
- EmployRI from DLT
- NetworkRI One-Stops
- Job Training classes from DHS
- Adult Education classes from RIDE
- Digital Literacy Training from BBRI
and carefully curated web resources such as Khan Academy, USALearns, CollegeNavigator, etc.